Thursday, April 20, 2017

Waiting for Time

"Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises."
- Ecclesiastes 1:4-5 (NIV)

There's a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,"
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 (NIV)

I have spent the better part of this year being numb.  Winter hasn't helped, I think.  My seedlings are slowly coming to life and my father's garden is slowly starting to take on a little bit of life.  The true test will be the months of August and early fall when the garden should be in full force.  I'm wondering if we can bring his garden to life.  Maybe it can help us heal in the process.  Only time will tell I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment